I’m a sandwich girl. I eat some sort of sandwich for lunch almost every day. But not cold sandwiches – I like warm, gooey sandwiches. I try to vary them so I’m not eating the same thing day after day but I will admit that on occasion I get hooked on one particular sandwich and eat it quite regularly. Every summer I seem to get hooked on a tomato-related sandwich. Last summer it was the tomato mozzarella panini. This summer is the summer of the bacon tomato grilled cheese.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 slices good quality sourdough bread
- Tomato slices (be sure to salt a little)
- Grated Fontina
- Grated Gruyere (you decide how much cheese you’d like)
- 2 – 3 Crispy, thick sliced bacon – crumbled
- Butter for the outside of the bread
Assemble accordingly and cook until gooey and golden brown.
Wow. This thing is really good. Makes topping my tomato-related sandwich obsession next summer even more difficult.